Ultimate Frisbee is a fast-moving, five-a-side game played on a touch
field. Ultimate is a self-refereed social sport that emphasises fun and
fair play. Ultimate is a mixed (coed) sport. Ultimate is a self-refereed
sport. An experienced league director and players from Hammertron
Ultimate will be available to supervise games with inexperienced
- 30 minute games on Wednesday nights, 6:05-6:35pm
- The league runs for 10 weeks and begins on January 23rd.
- Early bird registrations are $220, normal registrations are $250.
- Go to the signup page to enter a team.
- Team registrations has closed.
- Experienced coaches are available to help new players and teams.
Ultimate in 11 Simple Rules
- The Field: A rectangular shape with end zones at each end. A 5-a-side field is 45 by 30 metres, with end zones 10 metres deep.
- Initiate Play: Each point begins with both teams lining up on the front of their respective end zone line. The defense throws ("pulls") the disc to the offense. A regulation game has seven players per team.
- Scoring: Each time the offense completes a pass in the defense's end zone, the offense scores a point. Play is initiated after each score.
- Movement of the Disc: The disc may be advanced in any direction by completing a pass to a teammate. Players may not run with the disc. The person with the disc ("thrower") has ten seconds to throw the disc. The defender guarding the thrower ("marker") counts out the stall count.
- Change of Possession: When a pass in not completed (e.g. out of bounds, drop, block, interception), the defense immediately takes possession of the disc and becomes the offense.
- Substitutions: Rolling subs are permitted. Players must roll on and off field through the substitutes box positioned at half way. Between points, players may substitute without using the sub box.
- Non-contact: No physical contact is allowed between players. Picks and screens are also prohibited. A foul occurs when contact is made.
- Fouls: When a player initiates contact on another player a foul occurs. When a foul disrupts possession, the play resumes as if the possession was retained. If the player committing the foul disagrees with the foul call, the play is redone.
- Self-Officiating: Players are responsible for their own foul and line calls. Players resolve their own disputes (see rule 10).
- Spirit of the Game: Ultimate stresses sportsmanship and fair play. Competitive play is encouraged, but never at the expense of respect between players, adherence to the rules, and the basic joy of play.
- Gender split: Ultimate is a mixed sport. At the start of each point, the receiving team set the gender split for the point 4m:1f or 3m:2f. Defense must match this gender split